Jefferson County, KY - Homes For Sale
About Jefferson County Kentucky
Jefferson County, KY is the largest county in the state. Its 741,096-person population and 2003 merger with the City of Louisville to create the Louisville Metro, also known as Greater Louisville, has contributed largely to its success. 1778, the year George Rogers Clarke’s Revolutionary War Militia established he first American settlement on the Ohio River with the help of around 60 settlers, the city of Louisville began. Organized in 1780, the Kentucky County broke away from its Virginia rule, and named itself Jefferson County after the Virginian Governor Thomas Jefferson. This made Jefferson County one of the nine original counties of Kentucky.
Be sure to check out the Jefferson County Zip Code Search Page and the Jefferson County Subdivision Search Page to further explore homes for sale in Jefferson County. You can also search Jefferson County land for sale here and search pending land sales in Jefferson County here and search sold Jefferson County land here.
Jefferson County Informative Links:
- Jefferson County PVA - Property Value Administrator, search sales and property transfers, GIS maps of properties, review assessments.
- Jefferson County Online Records Search - Find deeds, plats, mortgages, and other recorded items.
- Jefferson County Clerks Office - Auto & boat licensing, legal documentation, property liens, marriage licenses, voter registering.
- Jefferson County Sheriff - Find your tax bills and apply for homestead and disability exemptions.
- Taxmaster.net - Find deliquent tax bills for Jefferson County, Kentucky.
- Louisville/Jefferson County Planning And Zoning - Land use agency responsible for oversight of development activity, implementation and compliance of regulations, and oversees permissible land uses.
- Lojic Online And GIS Maps - GIS maps of Louisville Metro, Zoning, Snow Map, Lost Louisville, Metro Parks Public Golf Courses, Metro Council Districts, Municipalities and Neighborhoods, Zip Codes, Political Districts, Bike Maps, and more.
- Jefferson County Public Schools - Learn about the Jefferson County KY school district.
- MSD Floodplain Determination - Confirm floodplain information for particular property addresses.
- Drivers Licensing - Obtaining drivers licenses, renewals, and duplicates.
- Health Department - Septic system information for Jefferson County, KY.
- Louisville Metro Parks - Learn about the Metro Park system, community centers, arts, and other attractions.
- KY State Police - Search the State sex offender registry and cross-reference registered offender residences via maps.
Homes, Condos, And Farms For Sale In Jefferson County, KY
Included below are homes for sale in Jefferson County. If you would like more information on any of these Jefferson County real estate listings, just click the "Ask A Question" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more. When you are ready to visit a home you can use the schedule a showing feature on the details page - it's that easy! Purchasing a home can be stressful but it doesn't have to be. Be sure you have the right professional by your side, advising you throughout the entire process. Our Realtors® are knowledgeable with firm understanding of the contracts, and will advocate your position. Learn about the offer process here and why you should be working with Crane Realtors® here.
This list includes, if available, homes currently for sale and may additionally include homes marked "Under Contract". The homes with "Under Contract" markings indicate the sellers have accepted a contract but are still willing to show the home for back-up offers. Learn why it can be advantageous to view these homes and more about back-up offers here.
Below are pending home sales in Jefferson County. These properties have accepted contracts that are moving through contract contingencies toward closing. There is potential that these homes fail to close for various reasons including failing to move beyond the inspection period, buyer financing failure, and much more. We at Crane Realtors® suggest you consider reaching out to us to gauge the status of the current contract. There may be the chance you can negotiate a back-up offer with the seller and become the priority offer if the current contract were to fail. Many brokerages have low success rates of closing sales due to improper planning and qualification of buyers. Call Crane Realtors® for more information on being a potential back-up offer. Missing out on new listings and the chance to purchase homes because you aren't getting notifications or visits scheduled timely? Call Crane Realtors® to learn how we can get your foot in the door first by providing you with the fastest notifications!
Below are closed home sales in the prior rolling 12 months in Jefferson County. We provide this information so you can get a general idea of what values the community upholds. It is advised to review these properties so you have realistic expectations when the time comes to make an offer. In preparation for making an offer on a specific home, we provide our clients with a detailed Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). Learn more about CMA's here. This "CMA" adjusts the value of the home you are offering on to recent sales and takes into consideration finishes, size, and much more. Anything less could mean you are a misinformed buyer, are paying too much, have appraisal issues, and could be setting yourself up for failure.
Selling Your Jefferson County Home, Condo, Or Farm
If you are considering selling your home Jefferson County it is important to get the value based solely on the aspects of your property adjusted to recent, similar sales. In order to do this we must visit your home. When we visit we will measure your home, note all the features and finishes, discuss improvements, and collect all necessary details of your home. We then take this information and compare, analyze, and line adjust the values of the differences of your home to other sold homes in Jefferson County, this is how we get a current market value. It is a disservice to give a value without completing these steps. If an agent provides you a value estimate or suggested list price without completing a detailed analysis, you are receiving poor and inferior service, and could be setting yourself up for failure, risk losing thousands to tens of thousands of dollars in resale value. Additionally, we provide you a thorough, prioritized list of items to do to prepare the home for sale, which will mitigate objections and smooth the inspection process. So again, if you have a home to sell in Jefferson County, it is best to get a professional opinion from one of our real estate specialists that will be tailored to your home's features and finishes. Call Crane Realtors® today or fill out the form below to get started on selling your home in Jefferson County KY.