Floyd County, IN - Homes For Sale
About Floyd County Indiana
Floyd County, IN is the 2nd smallest land area in the state of Indiana and has a population of 77,781 people. Formed in the year 1819, Floyd County is made up of land taken from both Clark and Harrison counties. The land was originally Shawnee Indian Hunting grounds, and is named for John Floyd a Jefferson County, KY man who died in 1783 when his travel group was attacked by a group of Indians while crossing through Bullitt County. Floyd County is also home to a section of the Duncan Tunnel. The Duncan Tunnel is the longest railroad tunnel in the state at 4,311 feet long. It was built in 1881 to accommodate the railroad by tunneling through Floyd’s Knobs. The tunnel connects New Albany to Edwardsville. Floyd County experienced a major increase in settlers from other countries. During the 1800’s many French settlers resided near Floyd’s Knobs, and many German settlers found residence in New Albany.
Be sure to check out the Floyd County Zip Code Search Page and the Floyd County Subdivision Search Page to further explore homes for sale in Floyd County. You can also search Floyd County land for sale here and search Floyd County commercial properties for sale here. For exceptional and professional service be sure to call the team at Crane Realtors®.
Floyd County Informative Links:
- Floyd County Assessor - On the Assessor site you can search sales and property transfers, GIS maps of properties, review assessments, and more.
- Learn About Indiana Real Estate Tax Deductions - Find and learn what you can apply for to reduce the assessed value of your real estate to lessen the tax burden. Here is guide to understanding your tax bill and here is the tax estimator calculator.
- Floyd County Clerks Office - Search court records, marriage records, jury duty status, register to vote, find elections results and more.
- Floyd County Sheriff - Protects and informs the Floyd County community and jointly assist in maintaining the Sex And Violent Offender Registry (SVOR).
- Sex And Violent Offender Registry (SVOR) - Search the state sex offender registry/violent offender registry and cross-reference registered offender residences via maps, be sure to review their disclaimer.
- Floyd County Building And Development - Building and Development is the land use agency responsible for oversight of development activity, implementation and compliance of regulations, and oversees permissible land uses and zoning.
- Floyd County GIS - GIS maps of Floyd County Indiana, search sales, see approximate boundary lines and lot dimensions, view property report cards, find zoning designation for a parcel, and tax bill information.
- New Albany Floyd County Schools - Learn about the New Albany Floyd County IN school district, the 16 schools, enrollment, and more.
- Additional Floyd County Educational Resources - Find information on higher education, parochial schools, private schools, and more.
- FEMA Floodplain Determination - Search and confirm floodplain information for particular property addresses.
- Bureau Of Motor Vehicles (BMV) - The BMV is responsible for issuing drivers licenses, renewals, duplicates, and more.
- Health Department - Here you can find septic system information, permitting, and more.
- Meth Labs Identified - Find identified meth lab sites on the state sponsored site.
- Floyd County Parks - Learn about the park system, community centers, and sign up for sports leagues.
Homes, Condos, And Farms For Sale In Floyd County
The following are Floyd County homes, condos, and farms currently for sale from the MLS. This is a complete list of Realtor® Listings associated with the Southern Indiana Realtors® Association (SIRA). Please be sure to use the "Ask A Question" and "Request A Showing" features on the detail pages to get answers to any questions about these properties and to schedule your personal showing.
you walk in. It features FOUR BEDROOMS and boasts over 1500 square feet all for under two...
floor plan! This 3 Bed/2 Bath home features a covered front porch, a spacious great room...